About our membership
Like all GP education trusts SGPET is a membership organisation with annual subscriptions. In an effort to keep the cost of membership reasonable and at the same time wanting to avoid the complicated fee structures of some Trusts we do set an annual subscription rate for the education year 01 April - 31 March.
Running our events takes a lot of resources and it is thanks to the support from the Somerset Training Hub that we can currently do all of this within the membership fee despite the number of GPs reducing and other primary care staff increasing. This funding has previously been allocated to certain events to make them free to all, however this year it has been agreed to use this to support all SGPET events. Learning events that were previously free to all, will now be treated equally with other training so non-member practices will have to pay for colleagues to attend.
From 1st April 2022 the membership fee will be £180.00. Members will be able to attend all SGPET organised educational meetings free of charge.
Non-members will be charged to attend events, costs are full study days £130, half days £65 and evening sessions £35.
Where all the Partner and Salaried GPs in a practice are members, the practice manager, practice nurses, HCA's and other relevant staff will be able to attend SGPET meetings free of charge.
What you'll get
- A series of clinical study days, including an annual Diabetes and Respiratory updates, a complete list of sessions is visible via the Events page.
- Local evening GP Discussion Groups
- Resuscitation updates
- Evening meetings with local Consultants at venues across the county
- Week long GP Refresher Courses annually. The Yeovil GP Update and the long running successful Taunton Fresh Looks course
- Specific small groups for new GPs, Locum GPs, PCPs (paramedics in practice) and Lead Nurses
- SGPET are continuing to expand the sessions for Nurses, Nurse Practitioners and HCA’s and also Health Coaches, FCP’s & PCP’s in General Practice, including Childhood Immunisation training & updates, Respiratory, Diabetes and Ear Care to name a few, the full list can be found via the courses page. All members will receive a certificate of attendance, these can be individually downloaded or printed from a SGPET registered account.
- Following receiving funding from Health Education England (HEE), The Somerset Training Hub funds certain events, which are also organised by SGPET.
- SGPET is one of a number of similar GP Education Trusts in the Severn area and our members will have certain reciprocal arrangements with the GP Education Trusts in Bristol, Gloucester, Swindon and Bath. Some events will incur costs.