Somerset GP Education Trust, SGPET, is an initiative by Somerset LMC and the Somerset GP Education team to support Somerset GPs with their on-going education and professional development.
Like all GP education trusts SGPET is a membership organisation with annual subscriptions. In an effort to keep the cost of membership reasonable and at the same time wanting to avoid the complicated fee structures of some Trusts we do set an annual subscription rate for the education year 01 April - 31 March.
From 1st April 2021 the membership fee will be £150.00. Members will be able to attend all SGPET organised educational meetings free of charge. Non-members will be charged to attend events, for evening sessions £15 per hour and full and half study days at a rate set for the particular event. Nurse half day sessions are £45 with a full day session costing £110.
Where all the Partner and Salaried GPs in a practice are members, the practice manager, practice nurses, HCA's and other relevant staff will be able to attend SGPET meetings free of charge.
By joining your GPs and you will be able to enjoy:
- A series of clinical study days, SGPET will be holding a Endocrine, Mental Health, Neurodevelopment and Mens Health Study Day also the annual Diabetes and Respiratory updates, a complete list of sessions are visible via the courses page.
- Local evening GP Discussion Groups
- Resuscitation updates
- Evening meetings with local Consultants at venues across the county
- Week long GP Refresher Courses. The Yeovil GP Update is being held on 21-24 June 2021 and the long running successful Taunton Fresh Looks course is running 22-25 Nov 2021.
- Specific small groups for new GPs and locum GPs, PCPs (paramedics in practice)
- SGPET are continuing to expand the sessions for Nurses, Nurse Practitioners and HCA’s and also Health, Coaches, FCP’s & PCP’s in General Practice, including Childhood Immunisation training & updates, Respiratory, Diabetes and Ear Care to name a few, the full list can be found via the courses page also a annual Update for Independent Non-Medical Prescribers will also be scheduled.
- All members will receive a certificate of attendance, these can be individually downloaded or printed from a SGPET registered account.
- Following receiving funding from Health Education England (HEE), The Training Hub funds certain events, which are also organised by SGPET.
- SGPET is one of a number of similar GP Education Trusts in the Severn area and our members will have certain reciprocal arrangements with the GP Education Trusts in Bristol, Gloucester, Swindon and Bath. Some events will incur costs.
These are challenging times for general practice and the support from colleagues and the LMC and the benefits of learning can help us considerably. Somerset GP Education Trust aims to be an important part of general practice life in Somerset. The LMC and the education team are working hard to ensure this and your support and membership are important.