Practice Nurse: Ear Irrigation Study Day
Tuesday 13 February 2024 at Taunton Racecourse
This is an all day event.
Times: 09:15 - 16:30
Food is provided at this event.
This event is suitable for PN's, NP's and PCP's. (Suitable for Practice Nurses learning Ear Irrigation as a new skill or as an update for those experienced in the procedure)
Description: This study day is intended to give the practitioner both knowledge and practical experience of ear irrigation and instrumentation. This is achieved by practical and theory sessions. The knowledge gained from this day enables safe practice aiming to reduce patient discomfort and speeding up of resolution of ear problems.
- Understand the basic anatomy and physiology of the ear
- Understand how to prevent ear problems and consider the patient holistically
- Develop knowledge on which to base wax instrumentation and ear irrigation according to their own level of competence.
- Know when not to irrigate
- Develop otoscopy skills
- Know how to decontaminate the equipment
- Understand some of the problems faced by people with hearing loss and Tinnitus
- Know how to document ear care
Please note if you have not previously had any experience in ear irrigation, it will be necessary for you to have supervised practice following this Study Day. A Competency Handbook is issued on the day.
Orchard Portman, Taunton, TA3 7BL
Is the training accessible to wheelchairs? Yes
Name: Jo Bojarska
Phone: 01823 331428
If you have any communication or mobility needs that the event organisers need to be aware of please contact them in advance of the course to let them know.
Please log in to book this event
This event is open to Somerset GPs, Practices and their staff in the Somerset LMC area. Some events may be open to other healthcare providers, details will be listed in the event.