Somerset LMC Respiratory Adviser
Somerset LMC Respiratory Nurse Adviser
We are pleased to have commissioned for 1 year, David Long (Independent Respiratory Nurse Consultant) to work with us and Somerset Practices, this resource is free for practices to use and he will be working the equivalent of 1 day a week throughout the year.
David will be able to:
- Give advice and support to nurses for adult airways patients. (ASTHMA and COPD only)
- Mentor new nurses to the respiratory specialty (in house) reviewing patients together. (Only after they have undertaken an accredited course such as the asthma and/or COPD diploma).
- Support experienced nurses (in house) reviewing complex airways patients together within specific clinics.
- Advice and guidance through e-mail and if appropriate clinical review of the patient together for eg. complex patients or those who you may be considering referring to secondary care?
- Respiratory education will be available at practice level
To contact David please email firstname.lastname@example.org