Practice Nurse Training Course (3 Day Course ) 13, 14 & 15 September
Tuesday 13 September 2016 at East Quay Medical Centre
This is a multi-day (consecutive) event.
Times: 09:00 - 17:30
Food is provided at this event.
As this course is over and above the funding available under the education trust umbrella. The course cost is £750 per Nurse for the 3 days.
Introduction to Travel Health - Sharon Graham
- Risk assessment
- Identifying appropriate sources of information to support consultations
- Understanding commonly used travel vaccinations
- Understanding Malaria and prophylaxis
- Planning vaccine schedules
Ear Care - Marion Fice (Ear care trainer)
- Anatomy and physiology of the ear
- Theory of irrigation
- Practical session
- Hearing loss and Tinitus
- Otitis externa
- Cholesteatoma and Perforations
Introduction to Practice Nursing
- The role of the Practice nurse
- Holistic assessment of the patient / safeguarding
- Adult injections commonly administered
- - Hydroxocobalamin
- - Prostap
- - Zoladex
- - Sustanon
- - Influenza
- - Shingles
- - Pneumococcal
- Principles of immunisation
- How vaccines work
- Live and deactivated vaccines
- Technique of administration
- Record keeping
- Cold Chain
East Quay Medical Centre
East Quay, Bridgwater, TA6 4GP
Is the training accessible to wheelchairs? Please contact event organisers to discuss
Name: Claire Winchester
Phone: 01823 331428
If you have any communication or mobility needs that the event organisers need to be aware of please contact them in advance of the course to let them know.
This event is part of a group of 1 events listed in the table below.
You cannot book on this event itself but rather you must book on the parent event which books you on all 1.