Essential Introduction to the new ROADMAP TO PRACTICE for Paramedic First Contact Practitioners and Advanced Practitioners in Primary Care
Thursday 4 February 2021 at Zoom
This is an evening event.
Times: 18:30 - 20:00
Somerset Training Hub
A recording of this meeting can be viewed here (1hour 30min)
Please note you will need to register your details to view
An invitation to all paramedics working in primary care- national requirements, local plans, your responsibilities, help at hand -
- Every paramedic working in primary care will know about the new Roadmap to Practice from Health Education England HEE
- For some it will read like a really positive opportunity, for others it may seem a bit intimidating
- For everyone it will involve some important decisions and actions, and advice and support from others
A mix of presentations, discussion and Qs&As will help you understand:
- How HEE defines FCP and AP roles, their training processes and educational pathways
- What this means to paramedics working in primary care in Somerset.
- What options are available
- What support and help will there be from HEE South west, from Somerset Training Hub and local systems
- What needs to happen next
Julia Taylor, ACP, Derby, coauthor of the supervision section in the Roadmap to Practice
Simon Ingram ACP physiotherapist & HEE SW Lead for ACP assessment and supervision
Bridget Carne Somerset Training Hub educator for FCP/AP
Martyn Hughes Director Somerset Training Hub
- Paramedic Roadmap Meeting Feb 4th.pdf
- ACP presentation primary care.pdf
- FCP-AP The National Perspective.pdf
- Simon Ingram Paramedic Roadmap.pdf
Is the training accessible to wheelchairs? Yes
Name: Claire Winchester
Phone: 01823 331428
If you have any communication or mobility needs that the event organisers need to be aware of please contact them in advance of the course to let them know.
Please log in to book this event
This event is open to Somerset GPs, Practices and their staff in the Somerset LMC area. Some events may be open to other healthcare providers, details will be listed in the event.