CANCELLED - Principles of Infection Prevention & Control for IPC Leads
Thursday 2 April 2020 at Taunton Rugby Club
This is an all day event.
Times: 09:00 - 16:00
Food is provided at this event.
Please note this date is a full day session, with the afternoon specifically aimed at IPC Leads. If you are an IPC Lead and haven't updated recently its recommended for you to attend the full day. If you have recently been to an update , then you can just attend in the afternoon.
Alternatively if you are NOT an IPC Lead you can use just the (am) session as an update. A seperate half date Update is also arranged for the the 12th November 2019.
- To develop and enhance knowledge and practice of Standard Infection Control Precautions, and facilitate the implementation of safe, effective infection control practice within your work place.
- To provide a knowledge base around The Health & Social Care Act 2008 (Code of Practice on the prevention and control of infections and related guidance DoH 2015)
- To understand your role and responsibilities in implementing standard precautions to reduce the risk of infection to yourself, your colleagues and your patients
- To understand about the ‘Chain of Infection’, and how standard precautions are used to break these links to reduce the likelihood of an organism causing harm
- To understand and demonstrate standard infection control precautions in practice, including
- Hand Hygiene
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Sharps handling
- Specimen handling
- Decontamination of Medical Devices
- Safe handling of spillages
- Occupational Health
- To demonstrate knowledge of the 10 criteria set out in the Code of Practice on the prevention and control of infections and related guidance (DoH 2015) and demonstrate how your primary care practice complies with these
- To understand how the CQC judges registered providers on compliance with infection prevention regulations
- To perform and teach correct hand washing procedure
- To understand and discuss the roles and responsibilities of the infection control lead
- To develop skills in infection control audit and preparing an annual infection control statement
Taunton Rugby Club
Hyde Park, Hyde Lane, Taunton, TA2 8BU
Is the training accessible to wheelchairs? Yes
Name: Claire Winchester
Phone: 01823 331428
If you have any communication or mobility needs that the event organisers need to be aware of please contact them in advance of the course to let them know.
Please log in to book this event
This event is open to Somerset GPs, Practices and their staff in the Somerset LMC area. Some events may be open to other healthcare providers, details will be listed in the event.
|Non-members Full Day||£110.00|
|Non Members Half Day||£45.00|