SGPET Weekly Update - Mon 25 Jan 2021
Date sent: Monday 25 January 2021
NEWS/UPDATE BOARD - This and past updates can be found here
- Are you a paramedic working in primary care and wondering what the new Roadmap to Practice for FCP/AP means for you? We have organised a meeting with national, regional and local contributors for Thurs Feb 4th 6.30-8.00 to help you find out more and get your questions answered. Essential. Details and to book are here
- SGPET AGM Wednesday 27th January 2pm Agenda. If you would like to attend please email Claire.firstname.lastname@example.org to receive the meeting Link.
Lesson of the Week (Remote Consulting Lessons by Dr Andy Eaton)
Resources for GP's & others in similar roles
- GP Career Plus and GP-Link Groups
- The GP Career Plus: scheme is a series of twelve facilitated and financially supported peer support meetings over 6 months . The intention is to run one set of GP Plus sessions starting early March 2021 and another later in the year. These sessions will take place on a Tuesday morning, but if there is enough interest either a Wednesday or Thursday may be possible as well.
- GP-Link Groups provide an opportunity to meet up informally on Zoom with colleagues outside work. Keeping in touch and being able to debrief and share is particularly important now. Why not join one of the new online evening groups being set up in by facilitators from GP Career Plus with the support of the LMC, SGPET and SPH
Resources for Practice Nurse & others in similar roles
- Update in IP&C guidance and Green Book
- COVID-19: infection prevention and control (IPC) - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk) - Addition of mental health appendix and title change for IPC guidance to ‘Guidance for maintaining services within health and care settings.’ Guidance amended to strengthen existing messaging and provide further clarity where needed, such as care pathways to recognise testing and exposure.
- COVID-19: the green book, chapter 14a - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk) - Updated to include changes to the advice on timing of vaccine in those being given immunosuppressive treatments and further detail on history of previous allergies.
- David Long Respiratory Advice - David will be available on his mobile 07525 468023 tommorrow (26 Jan) between12-2pm if you have any queries.
Somerset LMC Nurse Advisor, Paula Messenger email@example.com
Somerset LMC Respiratory Adviser, David Long firstname.lastname@example.org
- Somerset Emotional Wellbeing podcast Surviving a Mental Health Crisis, the doctors are joined by Meg Warr and Cher Hallett from Somerset NHS Foundation Trust to discuss how to identify when you are in a crisis, how to access help when you need it, how to build distress tolerance and develop a safety plan and much more.
- Upcoming Events (practitionerhealth.nhs.uk) Breakdown Burnout and the Breath, 18 February 6-7pm. Further details and to register please see here.
- Compass Lifestyle Medicine is offering 24 Somerset clinicians/nurses/AHPs places on a lifestyle medicine course called CHIP (Complete Health Improvement Programme - further details can be found at Home - CHIP Health). This is an evidence based health and wellbeing course that coaches participants to make sustainable life choices around nutrition, stress, sleep, purpose and physical activity; leading to reduced risk of disease, while improving existing long term conditions. Over 80,000 participants have completed CHIP worldwide. On this occasion, the course is subsidised and will cost £40. CHIP comes with 40 hours CPD accredited by the British Society of Lifestyle Medicine (BSLM). Participants are encouraged to record biometric and blood biomarker changes to track improvements (but not essential). If you would like further details please contact Dr Jon Dolman ( email@example.com )
Anytime Learning and Tutorials - View all here
SGPET Calendered Education - View all here
Somerset GP Education Trust
Crown Medical Centre
Taunton, TA2 8QY